F1 or Del at startup

Tulips 21:39 14 Oct 07

I'm using XP and when I turn the PC on I am asked to press F1 to continue or delete to enter setup, this has just begun to happen in the last few weeks, is there any way to stop this happening ?

woodchip 21:47 14 Oct 07

Sounds like you need to look in BIOS setup if it says so, It sounds like Wrong Settings. It may be the CPU speed

Tulips 21:50 14 Oct 07

er, thanks, how do I go about doing that ?

mikeben121 21:56 14 Oct 07

Normally just going into the BIOS and then just exiting and saving fixes this problem.

The BIOS will show you the option to exit and save

woodchip 21:56 14 Oct 07

Well it depends on the BIOS on whether you press Del or F1 etc. to get to BIOS. You do not have a Mouse to work within there, Instructions are bottom right to use like to open a Page press Enter arrow key up down side to side and page up down keys also to exit a page press Exit. After making changes they have to be saved before you exit if you think you have done it right.

Ashrich 22:08 14 Oct 07

Have you noticed whether the time is correct on your PC ? It may be asking you to correct it if the bios battery has run out .

Ashley

Tulips 22:15 14 Oct 07

thanks for the tips folks, went into BIOS, saved and exited and it's solved the problem, cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…