f-secure problem - Eating ram!

ashleycardwell94 21:07 18 Mar 09

f-secure is eating my ram.
f-secure is running a program called"fssm32.exe" and the is slowing down my PC a lot. I realy need help to stop this app safley.

F-secure internet security 2008

HELP

ambra4 00:32 19 Mar 09

Take a read at this site

click here

gazzaho 07:32 19 Mar 09

Hi ashleycardwell94

Have a read through this click here it might be a good idea to download and run Hijack This click here and see if the same type of entries described in post #3 are found in your Hijack This log file. I would post your Hijack This log to the same site along with a description of the problem and ask someone to check it for you before attempting to remove any suspicious entries though.

I've used F-Secure for quite a few years now on various machines and have had no problem with the issues you describe.

mooly 07:41 19 Mar 09

I too am a big fan of FSecure. Currently running FS IS2009 on a Vista laptop with 2GB RAM... it flies (it was OKish with 1GB but did cause a noticeable slowdown at times !). What are you running and how much RAM ?
If you open the program (IS2009 anyway) there is an option to change the protection level away from "normal" to one more suited to running on a low spec system... although you should not need to do this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…