F-Prot antivirus

tizerlily 15:40 09 May 06

has anyone used this or does anyone know anything about it?

SANTOS7 16:02 09 May 06

OOH ERR its one of them you have to buy, we don't do buy on here.
click here
click here
AVG and AVAST are two of the most recommended AVs
and they are free.........

rawprawn 16:24 09 May 06

Don't know about F Prot, but I use F Secure Security suite 2006 and I can recomend it.
click here

octal 19:31 09 May 06

I have used it with Linux and it seemed to work fine. At the moment I'm using Avast! for Linux.

ade.h 19:40 09 May 06

You, er, have F-Prot actually! It's the name for the AV part of F-Secure Internet Security, dating back to when it was only available as a standalone product.

The Spires 20:30 09 May 06

I used F-Prot for a few years, up until this year actually, one of it's strengths is the very small amount of memory it uses, it's also a small file size & non intrusive. BTW some of us on here buy.

rawprawn 08:14 10 May 06

Thanks for the information, we live and learn!!

Wak 09:17 10 May 06

Hi, I have a copy of the F-Prot program (F-Prot.Zip) (1.5MB) on a CD which I have never had to use but I understand that it can be used in DOS when Windows is unobtainable.

tizerlily 11:10 10 May 06

thank you all for your input I have decided to give it a go and say good bye to norton this picked up a few things norton missed and seems nowadays norton is doing a lot of what windows already does just takes us older computer illiterates a bit longer to catch on I guess

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…