f-netsky

gell 13:58 05 May 04

Every single day I get the f-netsky virus trying to get through.Sometimes as many as four in a day.I stop it but it's time-consuming.
Any idea why I get so many?
Thanks
gell

Old Shep 14:26 05 May 04

How have you been getting rid of it. What system are you running? If you did not turn off system restore (you will loose all your restore points) when you got rid it will keep coming back.

gell 15:50 05 May 04

I have w2000. My virus protection is f-secure which stopa it getting in and they have supplied a floppy which removes infected files.
Thanks
Gell

gell 16:03 07 May 04

To Old Shep

I'm still getting the damn thing.Could you please tell me how I go about turning off 'system restore?' Thanks
gell

Old Shep 16:48 07 May 04

I use xp yours may be the same - right click MY COMPUTER select PROPERTIES. Click on the SYSTEM RESTORE tab and you will find a tick box to turn off system restore. When you turn off System Restore reboot and then run your av program to get rid of it. When you have done this don't forget to turn System Restore back on.

VoG II 16:52 07 May 04

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Windows 2000 does not have System Restore.

gell - are you saying that you're infected with Netsky and it keeps coming back.Or that you're receiving e-mails containing Netsky?

Old Shep 16:57 07 May 04

Good point VOG I was under the impresssion that he was infected but maybe not. If he is this site may help click here

gell 08:52 08 May 04

Thanks gents.
No I'm not infected.My virus protection keeps it out but every day I get it trying to get in,once four times in a day.It's just a time wasting nuisance and I find it strange that it'ss there all the time.
gell

VoG II 09:13 08 May 04

Just delete them. There's little else you can do.

gell 09:14 08 May 04

W2000 does not have System Restore,I think.I have looked for it bit it's not there
gell

johnnyrocker 09:31 08 May 04

as per earlier posting does not apply to your system you will as earlier posted just have to keep deleting until it dies down.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…