f disc

gingepaul 23:52 29 Jan 03

hi all, my mates pc has just give up on him, needs a new one really but anyway, we need to re install windows, and re formatt first, but i cant remember the command. i got as far as starting with cdrom support, then accessing the drive and disc, but cant remember the rest, somthing like d:>win98 \fdisk.............dunno?
anyone please.

SafeHaven 23:57 29 Jan 03

format c:\s\q

s= makes it startup
q=qick format

that help?
Personaly i would do a format then fdisk if need be

SafeHaven 23:58 29 Jan 03

Con or will it work..any advice? click here

AndySD 23:58 29 Jan 03

Download a Boot Floppy from click here then click here?

Ironman556 23:59 29 Jan 03

From A: after booting from floppy, you should be able to type "fdisk" to run f disk, "format c:" to format C drive, and then "d:" followed by "setup" once you've changed to the cd rom I think.

SafeHaven 23:59 29 Jan 03

opps wrong link ignore my last :)

Ironman556 00:02 30 Jan 03

Looks dodgy to me... trys to impress you by detecting windows & IE versions, then loads a .gif, which isn't based on the performance or potential performance of your pc.

Ironman556 00:03 30 Jan 03

Ah right, ignore my last too then...

gingepaul 00:06 30 Jan 03

can anyone tell me the exact command line to type to format the disk, i can start with cdrom support, and get a prefix of my drive letter up on the command line, but thats all i remember, need it letter for letter. cheers

SafeHaven 00:23 30 Jan 03

c:format c:

Ironman556 00:25 30 Jan 03

I'm pretty sure "format c:" will do the job, that's what I use. You can add the \s and \q if you want to as SafeHaven suggested, either way should work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…