extrenal mouse on a laptop

steveboyeruk 17:44 27 Jan 05

hi, i have an external mouse and have plugged it in and my toshiba satellite pro 4270 does not recognise it. can anyone give me any advice on how to install on a laptop

cheers

steve

sat481 17:49 27 Jan 05

Try to go to the mouse manafacturers web site and download an up to date driver for it. Then install it onto the laptop

Sat

steveboyeruk 18:40 27 Jan 05

i can't find this mouse anywhere and i want to install it, but its beginning to do my ted in, surely it should be able to recognise it once it is plugged in.

Totally-braindead 18:52 27 Jan 05

I'm surprised it doesn't just recognise it but plug it in and goto Control Panel and click on Add Hardware see if it finds it.

Rogerfredo 18:54 27 Jan 05

Is it a USB mouse?
I have one on my Toshiba laptop and it works without special drivers.(using Windows XP)

steveboyeruk 18:54 27 Jan 05

tried that, it doesnt recognise the thing, is there anything else i can do or should i just bin the thing?

cheers

steve

steveboyeruk 18:57 27 Jan 05

no its not a usb mouse, its just a plane and simple roller ball mouse you plug in the back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…