Extremely Urgent HELP required for my PC!!!!

julius44 10:31 16 Jul 08

Hello all, i desperately NEED assistance. I was trying to uinistall kaspersky internet security 2007 yesterday and i then wanted to install 2009, for free as i'm with Barclays. i used revo uninstaller to remove it. then istalled 2009, but some bits of the 2009 seemed to be missing, it then told me to restart the pc, and IMMEDIATELY i did this, i have NOT been able to get back onto normal. The windows XP logo just shows and nothing happens. I then went into F8 mode, and the only one that seems to work is networking in safe mode(which is what i'm using now)...i'm pulling my hair out as i dont know what to do!!!! System restore does not seem to work on this safe mode with networking, so i'm stuck, i've also tried last known windows setting that worked, but still it wont load up.....i've also tried to intall another virus from a disk which is the AVG free 60 days trial but it says that it wont install in safe mode....as i have to be extra careful now as this pc has NO SECURITY on it....or is there anything that i can do please??? I wish i'd just left the kis 7 nad not touched it now!!! plse help!!

rawprawn 11:02 16 Jul 08

What OS?

rawprawn 11:04 16 Jul 08

This is the uninstall method they support.
click here

rawprawn 11:09 16 Jul 08

Heres a removal tool
click here

julius44 14:51 16 Jul 08

Hi there rawprawn, the OS is windows XP service pack 3, its a pentium 4, with 2GB ram, and 250gb hard drive. I have still no luck and i'm also getting very desperate, i've used the removal tool but STILL it wont start in normal mode, i'm also getting desperate, as i then tried to reinstall the KIS 9 in safemode with networking but a message came up that said: The system Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation!! I've switched on the windows firewall, but thats about it....cos i cannot seem to install any internet security in safe mode...i'm very desperate now, and i cannot afford to reset this back to factory settings at all!!! Any suggestions please, i'm desperate!!!

daxian 15:29 16 Jul 08

hi julius44....
in safe mode uninstall the kis....2009.
you should be able to then get into windows in normal mode ..then do a sytsem restore ...hopefully back to normal Dave.

julius44 17:22 16 Jul 08

Hi dave, when i tried to remove kis 2009 in safe mode the following message came up: The windows installer could not be accessed, this can occure if u are using windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. contact your support personnel for assistance. I'm beggining to get very desperate now.....also does system restore work in safe mode, becos it doesnt seem to work. I'm using safe mode with networking right now..but this means that i now have NO PROTECTION on my pc...i really need to get this sorted, is there anyway to FORCE to PC to work in normal mode, from safe mode....as it seems the only 2 i can access are safe mode and safe mode in netowrking........i've been trying to sort out this problem for the past 20 hours now, i'm very desperate!!

rawprawn 17:29 16 Jul 08

I would suggest a "Repair" in your case.
click here for instructions. If you follow these you will not lose any data but you will need to update your computer on completion

isca2 17:30 16 Jul 08

In safe mode, have you tried running System Restore.I know you said it did not work, but have you tried this...If you can get to the RUN command prompt, type in rstrui.exe. The full path is c:/system32/restore if any help.

isca2 17:30 16 Jul 08

In safe mode, have you tried running System Restore.I know you said it did not work, but have you tried this...If you can get to the RUN command prompt, type in rstrui.exe. The full path is c:/system32/restore if any help.

rawprawn 17:32 16 Jul 08

PS. Calm down, we have all been there and know how it feels. Take it one step at a time and don't panic.
Computers are frustrating machines which is why we all come to this forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…