Extremely slow web-page loading.

spuds 18:28 03 Jun 09

Recently I have been having problems with extremely slow web-page loading, on IE7 (7.0.5730.13) and Firefox3 (3.0.10).

Done the usual tweaking and clean-ups to no avail.

Any further resolution ideas for consideration, before I commence on a complete clean out and possible re-format!.

mooly 18:32 03 Jun 09

Try as a command prompt (run as admin)
ipconfig /flushdns note the spaces and press enter. Then type net stop dnscache and press enter. Then type net start dnscache and press enter. Worth a try, it's resolved problems for me in the past.

Stuartli 19:35 03 Jun 09

If you use a modem router, try disconnecting it from the mains for a second or two and then re-plugging the lead.

Also, if by any chance you have AOL or TalkTalk as your ISP, ensure the MTU is configured to a setting of 1432.

Muergo 19:45 03 Jun 09

Where and what is the MTU? can it be tweaked by me or Talktalk,

Stuartli 00:19 04 Jun 09

It's in the router's configuration. If you used the Connect 'n Go installation disk it will/should have been done automatically.

See:

click here

click here

Depending on which router you have, follow this guide:

Wired router set up:

click here

Wireless:

click here

and

click here

Stuartli 00:23 04 Jun 09

I had a similar problem about a year ago; I'd been with TalkTalk since April 2006 but, for no apparent reason, I had trouble loading pages and forwarding e-mails with attachments.

After several days of attempting to solve the problem I quite by chance came across the TT Forums, which were just starting at that time in Beta form.

That provided the MTU clue and immediately I had changed the configuration to 1432 everything was back to normal.

spuds 23:49 14 Jul 09

Apologies for not coming back sooner, but I have now given up with IE7 and the constant problems that program was giving.

Now using Avant as an alternative, and so far obtaining very good and quick response results.

Would also mention that I also use Firefox daily, and on occasions Google Chrome with good results.

Thanks to everyone who responded to this posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5