Extremely slow response time to view a drive

dsd 00:26 10 Feb 03

I'm not sure exactly what happened but the result is this...everytime I now try to EXPLORE (left click on START, choose EXPLORE, and click on any drive to view) the response time takes 30 - 60 seconds before anything happens. It is just as long when I try to create a new folder in a drive. This only recently developed...how can I resolve this issue? The only explanation I have is that a software program that I installed must have overwritten some files that pertain to a particular command. I uninstalled the software but the problem remains.

Please advise.

Carpe Diem,
St. Joseph School - Educator
[email protected]

Dr Lecter 01:03 10 Feb 03

What Operating System are you using, What CPU and how much RAM.Have you defragged your Hard drive lately?

DieSse 01:10 10 Feb 03

A CD left in a CD-Drive can sometimes make Explorer very slow to start.

You should also run Diskcleanup, to delete all useless tempoary files, Scandisk to get rid of any "lost" information - then a Defrag as suggested above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…