Extracting .mov files from quicktime temp files

Andrew_Wiggin 21:19 19 Mar 03

Lately quicktime.com has been doing something very dastardly: they force users to download large temp files with the .mov embedded within it to curb movie distribution.

Now, as a paying customer of Quicktime version 6 I expect to be able to save the .mov file for my own personal enjoyment. Unfortunately, I receive "file cannot be saved" as the ill-tasting fruits of my labor.

The temp file in question is stored (in WinXP) under "local settings\temp\" and is comparable in size to what the quicktime .mov file should be. I cannot alter the temp file, move it, copy it, or delete it as windows denies me any access to it until quicktime releases control of it, at which time the file deletes automatically.

I tried downloading the latest Terminator 3 trailer (the largest size) and received this problem - perhaps other trailers do the same.

If it would be at all possible please assist me in this problem. I can be emailed at the above envelope icon if it is desired by anyone replying to this message.

Sincerely yours,
Corwin Holder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…