Extracting & installing service pack 2

TheFugitive276 22:04 15 Aug 04

I have downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2 to a folder on another disk. When I attempt to instal the files they extract to & remain immovable upon that other disk. How can I make them go to my 'C'?

VoG II 22:15 15 Aug 04

Where did you get this from and are you sure it is kosher? When I installed XP it was not in a zip file.

TheFugitive276 22:21 15 Aug 04

Many thanks 4 your quick response. It came from: click here

pc moron 22:45 15 Aug 04

Do you mean this click here

This is where I got it from and it isn't zipped- it's a self-extracting .exe file.

pc moron 23:22 15 Aug 04

Try copying the WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe file to your desktop and install from there.

TheFugitive276 17:20 16 Aug 04

Much appreciated advice. Yes, I did obtain the Self-Extracting Cabinet file from click here.

I have tried copying this to my desktop but when I click it still extracts to my other disk. Incidentally, I have now reformatted my 'C' and when downloading SP1 via Windows Update the download goes to other disk also. Any further advice appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…