Extracting individual files from a DVD

fritwash 11:31 25 Mar 05

My son has bought five boxed compilations of the Simpsons and wants me to extract just the episodes so that they fit on a smaller number of DVD's.

I have used DVD shrink before now to re-author a DVD but do not know how to go about compiling just the episodes from more than one DVD to shrink onto a single DVD.

Hope this makes sense.

FelixTCat 12:07 25 Mar 05

You will need a DVD editing and mastering program to do the extractions.

I presume that each of the boxed compilations contains several DVDs. Each DVD you produce will take several hours to master and I doubt that you will end up with many fewer DVDs. Are you really sure you want to do this?

fritwash 12:51 25 Mar 05

Hi FelixTCat

It's just something my son asked me to try but if it gets too involved I don't think it will be a problem for him If I can't do it.

Thanks for the response

David4637 14:02 25 Mar 05

What s/w will he need to edit multiple DVDs. I have used DVD Shrink to extract one episode from many with success? Thanks David

FelixTCat 15:50 25 Mar 05

David,

Please start a new thread; fritwash gets an email every time someone adds to this, and its not fair when he's already been answered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…