Extracting files from a cd and saving them?

rosie12 20:49 13 Sep 05

Hi, I am trying without much success to extract the help files from a program cd.which I got from a magazine. to my hardrive. I can do it, except that it shows up as a shortcut and this is no good for e-mailing. I want to e-mail it to a friend, but when I try and e-mail the folder it wont do it because it opens up to the next window which then gives me about 80 files, How can I e-mail the whole folder and not all these files singularly. Also I want to place it onto another cd, but when I do I it turns up on the cd ok but when I open the folder there is only 2 files there instead of the 80!! I have no idea what I am doing, so can you point me in the right direction please. Basically the help files that I want are on a try out CD, I dont want to copy the whole CD just the help files.....Can anyone help please.....Thanks in advance and I hope that I have made sense....

Strawballs 20:56 13 Sep 05

click here Try using this.

Diodorus Siculus 20:59 13 Sep 05

Can you open the CD with windows explorer?

If so, find the folder you want, right click and choose copy.

Then paste to the desktop.

They should then be there, not a shortcut.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…