Extracting files from .bin file

underworldmagic 16:09 09 Apr 05

hi everyone,

i have a small problem

i have some .bin files which i have mounted virtually using Alcohol 120%. i wish to extract the contents which are video clips. when i select all of the videos and copy them to my desktop some of the files copy with no problem but then i get a "cyclic redundency error"

when i play the video clips from the .bin file they play perfectly, i understand that "cyclic redundency error" means the file cannot be read, but then why can i play the video clips but not copy them?

i have been copying videos from .bin files for a long time now, but never came across this issue. how can i copy the files without getting the "cyclic redundency error"

octal 07:52 10 Apr 05

I'm no expert on video files but CRC often means the file is corrupt, as you've already mentioned, but seeing as you can read the files it may have copy protection encoded into it.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 08:35 10 Apr 05

you may need to extract them using a program such as winiso or magic iso shareware click here

trial click here

or this may work click here+

i dont know of any totaly free ones but these may help

underworldmagic 12:20 10 Apr 05

thanks for your responses.

i tried burning the CD image onto a CD-R using alcohol 120% then copied the contents from the CD onto my hard drive and it WORKED.

again thanks for your responses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…