Extract VOBSUBS from MKV?

Nazzarenu Boy 22:43 14 Aug 06

..Can i extract vobsubs from mkv?
thanks fowardly for any soulutions..

De Marcus™ 23:00 14 Aug 06

Yes you can, but it's far from easy and the end results will probably far outweigh the effort put in.

The .mkv (matroska) format is rather rare, which makes it difficult to extract anything much less subtitles.

Google for a converter, and look to convert to something like mpeg, that will make the extraction process easier provided the file survives the conversion process!

Nazzarenu Boy 23:05 14 Aug 06

pls could you find me a program or review me one...
cause yesterday i spent 4 hours searching on mkv etc. extracting vobsubs from mkv etc. and i m rather frustrated and angry.... pls help me
thanks forwardly

De Marcus™ 23:09 14 Aug 06

I don't wish to be funny as I'd really like to help, however there's two issues here, the first is, it's been a looooong time since I had anything to do with a matroska file and secondly anything with subtitles has almost certainly been copyrighted and that's a breach of forum rules, i.e. being shown how to breach copyright.

If your really persistent, google will shed light on this.

Nazzarenu Boy 15:00 15 Aug 06

no it is not copyrighted.... i received... this file...that i wish to burn .... a school mate sent it to me.... he turned it mkv... cause in mkv you can make attachments which include texts about the project etc. And during the video there is also subtitles... so it is not copyrighted... it is only by him.. if it copyrighted because he took the video etc. So i wish to burn it on a dvd... (and i have his permission) but i cant find the mode... pls help..

De Marcus™ 15:30 15 Aug 06

Ah, ok, have a thorough read through click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…