//some 3rd party need geo

extract audio from a dvd ??

Magik ®© 19:29 05 Jan 05

hi,I have made a backup from a video dvd so the tracks are on the laptop, is there anyway i can get the music off the dvd disk so i can make a cd for use in the hi-fi..

thanks

MIke 19:51 05 Jan 05

As far as I know not very easily!

I've tried a number of searches on the net for programs to do this. They exist but I've never been able to get any of them to work. I even tried using the optical out of my dvd player to record onto minidisc but this failed as the dvd was protected, and digital copying of just the audio was not possible.

If you crack it let me know!

Magik ®© 20:02 05 Jan 05

thanks, all i wanted was Amy Belle singing with rod stewart............oh well, back to the drawing board,,,,,,,,,,

ACOLYTE 20:11 05 Jan 05

This can be done in therory, if you use say dvd decrypter to rip the dvd to the hdd it makes _TS files video and sound so i would guess if you just burn the sound TS file back you would just have sound not picture,i have never done it but in theory it should work.

rickf 20:13 05 Jan 05

You can if you are prepared to pay for the software. Lots of them, do a search in Google or Cnet. The problem is that the trial would not let you do a complete extraction so you are forced to pay for it.Typr DVD Audio Grabber and you find many examples of this utility.

TomJerry 20:43 05 Jan 05

Ace DVD Audio Extractor click here

DVD Audio Extractor click here

Mr Mistoffelees 20:48 05 Jan 05

click here Looks promising.

TomJerry 20:51 05 Jan 05

link you DVD player audio output to your computer sound card line-in, player dvd and use a record program to record the sound, you can use CDex for recording click here

Magik ®© 20:56 05 Jan 05

thanks all for that, looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel....

Sans le Sou 21:11 05 Jan 05

If you know somebody with Creative mediasource you can record in "what you hear". Does WAV and MP3. Play the DVD and record the soundtrack in Mediasource.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…