extra wireless connection

kimtrnc 14:57 10 Aug 08

I have a PC and a wireless laptop. Both access internet via Netgear router ( PC itself not wireless). System works perfectly.
Now have visitor, who wants to use my network, First time round worked perfectly as soon as the security WEP was entered. Since then, latest laptop will not connect. It sometimes doesn't see my network at all, sometimes sees it, but describes it as "limited or no connectivity" despite working perfectly on the other two systems.
BTW, also tried changing the WEP key - my own machines happily internetting - third machine won't.
Any ideas, please?

crosstrainer 15:01 10 Aug 08

Sounds more like a problem on your visitors lappy (most probably the wireless driver)

Delete the wireless device from control panel device manager and let WIndows re-install it.

Other things to check:

Distance from the router (will effect signal strength)

Wireless switch on the new lappy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…