Extra Sata Port

RGB76 11:32 01 Dec 10

Hello
I have 4 Sata connections on my M/Board and need an extra one, I`ve seen this card click here
but it only says up to Vista.
Anyone know where I can get what I need and Windows 7 compatible.

Grateful for any help

Russell

Jwbjnwolf 11:42 01 Dec 10

What ever works with vista is most likely to work with windows 7

Jwbjnwolf 11:51 01 Dec 10

Im don't know if it is the amount of usb sockets you wanna increase but if it is then a usb hub should be ideal
click here

RGB76 13:28 01 Dec 10

jwarn,
I thought I had made my posting very clear.

gengiscant 14:02 01 Dec 10

You most certainly did, but I think he was right that it should work fine with Windows 7.

RGB76 14:48 01 Dec 10

Hi gengiscant,

Thanks for your reply, I probably will have to try that one, it seems to be the only one that will give me what I want.

I`ve clicked this thread resolved.

Many Thanks

Russell

lotvic 15:20 01 Dec 10

That looks a useful card for the Extra Sata Port(s) that you want - (and not the USB Hub).

Jwbjnwolf 18:24 01 Dec 10

Looking at the image, it showed a usb port attached to it so i thought it were the extra usb port you were after
sorry, my mistake

Jwbjnwolf 18:31 01 Dec 10

looking at this page
click here
if i am understanding right, it is a usb port that is triple the speed?
am i right?
sorry
thought it were just a normal usb port you were looking at.
silly me.
oh well something new i have learnt

GaT7 18:43 01 Dec 10

jwarn, that's eSATA, which is an external SATA connector. It appears RGB76 was looking for an internal SATA connector.

USB & SATA (or eSATA) connectors are different from each other with the latter being faster. G

Jwbjnwolf 18:45 01 Dec 10

ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…