Extra RAM On A Tosh Lap

David4637 17:00 21 Aug 06

Got a Tosh Lappy EA60, would like to add a 512MB RAM to existing 512MB. I open the RAM flap (3 x 2 inches) and there is one RAM module. Do you have to remove this to find the spare slot underneath it or remove the whole of the bottom of the laptop to find a spare slot? Thanks David

Mr Mistoffelees 17:13 21 Aug 06

According to Crucial click here you have one user accessible ram slot. this means you will have to replace the module in that slot with a higher capacity dimm. I had to do the same with my partner's Compaq.

Fingees 17:14 21 Aug 06

If you go to

click here

Use their auto scan, it will tell you if there is in fact another slot or not.

Spark6 19:34 21 Aug 06

Another alternative to Crucial is to install Belarc Advisor which will indicate the amount of memory installed and also the number of memory slots.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro, Slot 'M1' is empty and Slot 'M2' has 512MB. Belarc is a very useful bit of software.

David4637 20:06 21 Aug 06

Thanks to you all for your answers and to Mr Mistoffelees whose link says "The number of total memory slots in your Toshiba Equium A60 Series is 1 (1 bank of 1)." Thats it I have to take out the 512MB RAM and stick in a 1024MB in the one and only slot. Thanks David

David4637 15:47 22 Aug 06

Resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…