extra ISP dialog box

geedad 11:08 06 Aug 05

When I start Internet Explorer. I get a further, smaller dialog box BEHIND my usual one. It shows the usual message when a wrong Website has been accessed. Anyone know the answer to this, please?
geedad

Diodorus Siculus 11:30 06 Aug 05

What does it say?

geedad 11:58 06 Aug 05

Diodorus Siculus.

Here's the message!
The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

( I CAN get rid of it by clicking on the cross in the top left corner, but it is annoying )
geedad

VoG II 12:36 06 Aug 05

What does the title bar say?

geedad 13:18 06 Aug 05

VoG.

It says "click here Internet Explorer ..."
Can't read if anything follows that..........
geedad

geedad 13:56 06 Aug 05

VoG.
Sorry about the "click here" - I should have broken up the address so that you could read it -like this!

h t t p : / / w w w . ntlworld . com / Microsoft Internet Explorer .....

geedad

VoG II 14:06 06 Aug 05

Odd.

Presumably your ISP is NTL. Is your home page set to click here

geedad 00:31 07 Aug 05

VoG.
Yes and Yes.
geedad

VoG II 09:16 07 Aug 05

I really don't know what this is caused by but you could try a repair click here

geedad 12:48 07 Aug 05

VoG

At the time of this message, and a short test, it seems that your Explorer Repair Tool has done the trick!
Once more, many many thanks!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos