extra dvd drive appeared....

herc182 20:48 08 Nov 04

Dear all,

i have just noticed on "my computer" that i have a new dvd drive called "Generic dvd rom scsi cdrom device" (from right clicking and going to properties then harware).

manufacturer: standard cd rom drives
device status: this device is working properly.

i have not installed a new cd drive nor have i tinkered with anything to do with the cd drives. the only thing i can think of is that i installed daemon tools recently (which actually corrupted mid installation, and doesnt work) as well as iso buster.

anyone know where this drive came from or how to get rid of it?

herc182 21:15 08 Nov 04

i right clicked on my computer and manage then device manager and dvd/cd rom drives. i found this mysterious dvd drive there and have disabled it. do you think it is ok to uninstall?

Night Ryder 23:16 08 Nov 04

Are you using "Nero" by any chance?
You may have enabled or mounted disk image during setup of this software. This would give the appearance of an extra drive.

Salinger 23:26 08 Nov 04

It is in all probability a "virtual" drive installed by a program you have recently installed. It is harmless and may be useful later.

herc182 18:11 09 Nov 04

i did try to create an image file the other day with nero but never followed through with it.

how would i have installed a virtual drive?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…