//some 3rd party need geo

Extra Drive showing after DVDRW installation

Qdiddy 22:31 22 Jan 05

I've been running my PC successfully with 2 HDD's, 1 DVD-ROM, and 1 CDRW. Today, I replaced my CDRW with a new DVDRW drive but "My Computer" is now detecting 3 DVD drives. Have I done something wrong?

I've kept the same setup which is - small HDD as master (running XP-sp2), large HDD as slave, DVD-ROM as master and DVDRW-slave. The jumpers on all drives are set to Cable select (this was the receommended setting by the 2nd HDD installed earlier this year).

Cuddles 22:35 22 Jan 05

It is probably a virtual drive, nero often makes one. Check within yourftware configuration.

Cuddles 22:36 22 Jan 05

should have read your writing software

FelixTCat 23:22 22 Jan 05

Some software uses different drive letters for DVD read and DVD write - others do not. If I recall, Pinnacle does and Nero doesn't. What burning software have you installed?

Qdiddy 23:47 22 Jan 05

I've got both Nero 6 and Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD. As Cuddles suggested, I've found something in the Nero menus that referred to a virtual drive. So I guess it's nothing for me to worry about.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…