Extra columns and Foreign ads

-pops- 15:24 19 Jun 03

Am I the only one getting this? Since the revamp of the site last week, an extra column of ads appears at left of page pushing the useful text to the right and the list of latest posts off the screen altogether. I pretty sure this is not intended as it happens randomly and the ad occasionally sits in its rightful place in the first column.

Also, last week we were getting ads in the German language. This afternoon they are in French. The French language is not too much of a problem for me but I do feel it a waste when they are trying to sell French products to the French. I appreciate PCA is international but this is an ad too far.

Brian

Agent Smith 15:36 19 Jun 03

I haven't noticed any of the above when I've been here.

Andybear 15:38 19 Jun 03

Nor me.

-pops- 15:42 19 Jun 03

Ooo-err!

The French ad is for RSA security.

On the extra column thing, I've an idea it's because I'm on Netscape. I'll swap to another browser and see what that's like.

Thanks for your response.

Brian

Agent Smith 15:57 19 Jun 03

Using IE6 here. Ooops right now at 15:56 I have the RSA Security add in this window.

-pops- 16:51 19 Jun 03

I wasn't hallucinating then!!

Brian

Agent Smith 16:57 19 Jun 03

Strange, it was only in this window but when I returned to the forum proper, it was gone.........I think

roygbiv 17:23 19 Jun 03

I wondered what they were all about ??????
PS XP, IE5,dial-up.

Belatucadrus 17:33 19 Jun 03

I had all the above before the revamp, but not since.

Am I the only one that thinks the site is slower than before the fix, I seem to be forever hitting refresh when the page grinds to a halt half way.

-pops- 18:45 19 Jun 03

Changed on to IE6 and the extra columns disappeared, foreign ad still there though.

Belatucadrus - quite a lot quicker since the revamp at my end.

I'll close this now, thanks for the reponses folks.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…