Extra CD drive appeared

Migwell 06:42 01 Mar 07

I have found an extra cd has appeared on my computer but I still only have a DVD reader and a DVD / CD writer. DVD Drive = E. CD-DVD Drive = F and then G appeared as a CD Drive (G). Nothing happens when I click on It. Clicking on it's Properties shows under, Device, Vobid instantDrive CD scsi Cd rom device. Under, Type, DVD-CD Rom drives. I dont have a physical drive and can't un in stall it with delete, how can I get rid of it and how has it suddenly appeared?

moorie- 06:50 01 Mar 07

ive put this link fyi not sure if its the answer but i noticed you use pinnacle on another thread
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:47 01 Mar 07

You have some software that has install a "virtual CD drive" you can mount a CD on this drive an basically play the CD direct from your hard drive.

Migwell 00:16 02 Mar 07

Thanks for the link I will give what it said a go and let you know what happens.
Migwell

Migwell 00:29 02 Mar 07

Thanks to Moorie.
Have gone into Device manager and under CD drives etc. was the VOB drive I just right clicked on it and then delete. Never thought of that, did I feel a bit daft. Dont tell anyone though.

Thanks Fruit Bat/\0/\.
I did not know about that but still thought I would get rid, as it clutters the look of the computer when in My Computer.

It's true that you should learn something new every day. Just cant remember all that I have learned or even where I put it when I need it later.

Thanks again Migwell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…