Extra Case Fans

i've no idea 14:39 06 Jul 06

I have a case that will acceopt 3 fans but only have 1 coonection on m/board for case fan. Could plug the others into power supply but this would mean fans are running all the time.
Is there a way to plug in the fans to m/board so they only come on when it's runnung hot (some sort of splitter?).

splatter 14:43 06 Jul 06

A lot of fans do come with molex connections so that they wire straight to your PSU. For controlling speeds etc you may want to invest in a fan cooler. There are loads available: overclockers is just one place (click here)

They allow you to control the speed of the fan, and I think some of them will allow you to turn the fan off completly.

i've no idea 14:50 06 Jul 06

Thanks splatter.

do you know of anything that will just sit inside the case to monitor and control the fans rather than these external facing ones?

DieSse 15:57 06 Jul 06

Fans like this click here

or even ultra quiet fans, that you can't hear when they're running anyway, Pabst fans are particularly quiet, and if you choose a slow running one, virtually silent. Also look here for a wide range. click here

i've no idea 18:43 06 Jul 06

Thanks DieSse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…