Extra buttons on IBM keyboard

taffyal 17:48 08 Feb 05

I've just been given a keyboard, IBM kb7993. On the right hand side it has 6 buttons, "help", "internet", "word processor", "spreadsheet", "blank", & "play cd".Below these is a volume , on/off, fast forward, etc.& a mute. Above these on the left is a button with what appears to be a 1/2 moon emblem. The keyboard works great, but how do I operate these extra buttons,if possible? Cheers, Al.

grey george 18:00 08 Feb 05

The half moon button was the sleep or standby button. These keyboards were used on the old IBM Aptivas and I think the extra functions were embedded in the CMOS or bios of the ibm machine. When I upgraded mine I could no longer use these functions. A google search may find you some drivers but I wouldn't hold your breath.

taffyal 19:19 08 Feb 05

Thanks Grey George. Its not a problem, but its nice when things work! Will try Google anyway, but at present am working at an angle, because the wheel just fell off my 6 month old PC table from ARGOS. Had to geta moan in, sorry! Cheers, Al.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…