External Zip drive crash on boot

Newuser2077 19:02 18 Jan 03
  Newuser2077 19:02 18 Jan 03

Cannot get zip drive 100 to be accepted.
Installed new cdrw recently with nero software since then having all sorts of problems never had before.

Forum Editor 19:07 18 Jan 03

By 'accepted' what do you mean - does Windows recognise a new device when you connect the drive?

I notice that it's a ZIP 100 drive - does this mean that it's one of the older parallel port type?

Which version of Windows are you running?

ellas 20:03 18 Jan 03

if its usb I been having problems on boot up on computer with non intel usb,workaround just unplug before shutdown and replug after boot up,by the way since fitting a cdrw xp insists on calling it a zip100,or well at least its ok in device manager and works fine.

Newuser2077 17:55 19 Jan 03

Sorry Forum editor

"accepted" means not recognised, zip drive is parallel port type and running windows 98se. All worked perfectly well before new liteonit cdrw with ATAPI interface(whatever that is)was installed using nero.
Had Teac cdrw installed before using adaptec easy cd creator 4 which I uninstalled as advised.
Also, when booting up I get all the way through to when the bottom taskbar loads the icons before crashing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…