External v internal hard drive for back up

TATHS 17:28 23 Sep 05

I have one PC (2100MHz Pentium IV)running xp and another networked (333Mhz Pentium III)running 98SE. I am looking to add an extra hard disk for backups (around 200GB is the size/price limit)Am I better off using an external USB drive or should I use an internal one in the 98SE model. This is currently only used to give permanent access to the Compleat Oxford Dictionary and a couple of other CD based applications.

stalion 19:29 23 Sep 05

bump

woodchip 19:33 23 Sep 05

as you have more than one comp. A external USB2 Hard drive would be best for you

fred 20:52 23 Sep 05

I use three external drives for my data. One kept at home and at least one of the other two at another location at all times. Overkill?

Not where 10 000 files and 90GB is involved together with the thousands of hours of work in making the files.

External is the better option.

shellship 21:23 23 Sep 05

Not like Fred's amount of sdata but I use one external HD to back up both my and my wife's networked data. Easy done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…