external usb2.0

Nessie 20:03 24 Oct 03

My brother has a computer with usb1.1. He wants to buy a usb 2.0 cdrw. He can not buy an internal model or a pci usb 2.0 as he has a guarantee and can't open the case. I know you can buy external usb 2.0's but how are they connected to the pc. Cheers.

slysy 20:16 24 Oct 03

Have a look at this page: click here

Regards,

Sly SY

Nessie 22:30 24 Oct 03

thanks slysy

Djohn 22:39 24 Oct 03

Wow! clicked on that link and it sounded like a machine gun as AOL zapped 12 pop-ups :o(

rev.bem 23:03 24 Oct 03

Interesting ,clicked on the link and got no pop-ups

slysy 08:37 25 Oct 03

I click on the link and Pop Up Stopper fired like a machine gun, but hey, good reading though.

Sly SY

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:34 25 Oct 03

External USB ports are expensive (50 squid) and as the player will be backwards compatible there is not much point. The benefits of USB 2 are really only noticed if video-editing. The USB port can only run as fast as the hardware and scanners/printers are not best known for legging it rapido. Tell him to stick the writer into a USB1 port and he will not notice any diference.

G

ps it may be better to connect it to one of the internal USB ports rather than a 4/5/6 port extension.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…