External speakers for a desktop computer

geek84 09:12 22 Aug 10

Hi Folks

I am thinking of buying some external speakers for my desktop computer. Do you know if there is a special name given to them?

Where is the best place to buy them (retailers) & what things should I be looking for when selecting which ones to buy?

Thanks

onthelimit 09:26 22 Aug 10

Usually just 'computer speakers'. What you buy depends on what you want to use them for; what you get depends on how much you pay (as usual). If only for basic quality music, then no need to pay over the odds. As to where from, the choice is wide - Staples, Maplins, Dabs, Comet etc even Tescos sell them.

gengiscant 10:38 22 Aug 10

I have used Trust and Logitech in the past and have been more than happy. Mine are used in conjunction with gaming so have never spent more than £30 on 2.1. Have never bothered with a 5.1 sound system because of the shape of the room and how my PC is place in the room.

MAT ALAN 11:39 22 Aug 10

click here

I have the T3000 version of these, quite superb sound for general PC use...

BT 17:19 22 Aug 10

It all depends as has been said on what you want to use them for. As onthelimit said you can get them at all price points from lots of places. I've got quite a respectable set from Tesco which are perfectly adequate for general everyday use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…