External Seagate Drive "lost"/partition gone,help

KorgY 16:06 16 Feb 08

Hello,

I was doing a Format yesterday (normal setup), and wanted to wipe all my data off my INTERNAL drive (maxter), however, to cut it short, I deleted the partition of my seagate drive by mistake i think (it has the same capacity 250GIGS, which makes it a bit more confusing.

Anyway, when i set windows XP pro up, my external drive could no longer be seen (USB). I did try getting it back in partition magic 8, but if it does see it, (it has done, not sure what i did too technical for me) it says "corrupt disk unreadable"(or something similar). if i click on it

It is almost full, with 245GIGS used, and I saw this too, ("5 gigs free") so the data seems to be still there (very important photo's, videos too) but I can't access the drive.

Can anyone shed more light on this for me??

Regards

KorgY

woodchip 16:13 16 Feb 08

Take the drive out and fit it as Slave to you main drive then use this. click here

KorgY 16:24 16 Feb 08

"""""Take the drive out and fit it as Slave to you main drive then use this"""""

Can I do that with a USB external drive?

woodchip 19:06 16 Feb 08

Yes they are same drives. It's only the Caddy and hardware in it that lets you use it as USB. drives are the same as in comp either sata or ata drives

KorgY 18:30 18 Feb 08

Well, i used some "file recovery" software to get all my files back, and copy them to my """*internal C drive*"". However, my ""External"" Drive is still "corrupt and unreadable, when I click on it. (done CHKDSK, but it doesn't recognize it)

Will "Formatting my Seagate" repair/recover the External drive, so i can use it again now i've got my files back? - yes, i have my files back, no, i can't use mt Seagate Hard Drive...

TIA

KorgY

woodchip 19:48 18 Feb 08

Yes you can do hat, but the Drive may be Damaged. What did check disc tell you about it? heat is the worst thing to look out for in a External driven as is Do not Pull the USB out of the Computer Without firt clicking in the System Tray and Remove Safely

KorgY 20:06 18 Feb 08

On Check disk ("Command>CHKDSK")it would just sa "disk unreadable, corrupt drive" or something Similar. Yes, I always switch it off first before unplugging.

regards

KorgY

woodchip 16:36 19 Feb 08

You need to remove all Partitions on the Drive then create a new one and Format it

KorgY 17:42 19 Feb 08

It's all been sorted now, thanks for the help,

korgY

Stuartli 17:55 19 Feb 08

How?

By the way, your Seagate will be listed as a USB hard drive.

I have the 400GB One Touch model and ALWAYS use the Safely Remove Hardware feature before switching it off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…