External NTFS Hard Drive suddenly appears as RAW

Saali Chuud 17:03 02 Mar 06

Hi,

External NTFS Hard Drive 160GB( Samsung make) suddenly appears as RAW format and is now unreadable.

I had an external USB drive which was working along nicely for over a year, Now, it has suddently become unreadable and windows is asking if it be formatted.. I don't know what to do. I connect it to two different PCs and both cannot read it.

Please help ...thanks.

Gongoozler 17:07 02 Mar 06

There appears to be a spate of hard drives converting from NTFS to RAW. e.g. click here

Saali Chuud 17:41 02 Mar 06

The problem is not only with this but also another brand new Maxtor 160GB drive, that has no data on it yet, I could return it and exchange but this Samsung has over 150GB of data

Saali Chuud 11:19 03 Mar 06

Can someone please help

Gongoozler 11:35 03 Mar 06

Look here for what Maxtor advise click here

Saali Chuud 18:25 03 Mar 06

Gongoozler,

Thanks,

Hi All,

Any other ideas

nala12 09:35 03 Apr 06

Try running CHKDSK /F DRIVE LETTER: This worked for me when an internal Hard Drive went RAW unexpectedly. CHKDSK revealed some errors which the F command "Fixed" but all data remained intact and the drive now is OK.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey Sinfield

Saali Chuud 14:05 03 Apr 06

Geoffrey,

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…