external notebook display...

andy@ 10:21 26 Oct 06

Last night I attempted to link my notebook to our existing CRT monitor..via the VGA connection, but the 1024x786 CRT screen flickered because of the notebooks 60hz LCD screen frequency.

How do I get the notebook to output a higher frequency e.g. 75hz for the external monitor?

Notebook is running XP, and has a nvidia quadro graphics card.

Andy

johnnyrocker 10:26 26 Oct 06

dont know if this helps but right click desktop/properties/settings/advaned/monitor and set refresh rate there?

johnny.

andy@ 10:45 26 Oct 06

Thanks. I don't think there is an option for a higher hz setting for the notebook display.

I wonder if I need to install different drivers(?), but not sure how one would apply these just to the external monitor set as "primary"?

Andy

johnnyrocker 10:54 26 Oct 06

the settings refer to monitor refresh rate, have you looked.?

johnny.

andy@ 13:29 27 Oct 06

A 60hz refresh rate is the only option in the advanced settings (for the laptop panel).

Would I need to add the external CRT monitor as a new piece of hardware so that the graphics card has chance to adopt a higher rr i.e. 75hz? Maybe the entry level mobile nvidia quadro is just not able to do this - don't know...

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…