External monitors on Sony FX705 Laptop

magc 09:29 02 Dec 04

Am having strange problems with use of external displays.

I am running XP2 with SP2 installed.

In respect of TV (video) out: There is no video signal present on on this output at any time (including with monitor connected). I have tried reducing resolution, operating Fn F8/F7 (slight flicker on screen), and rebooting - without success. I did not try using external tv prior to installing SP2

In respect of VGA output: I have also tried connecting an SVGA monitor (monitor 2) to the vga port and after using XP to enable, display works on Windows start-up and in safe mode but not when loaded normally! I also had strange occurrance of mouse pointer disappearing from internal monitor and then appearing on monitor 2. (Troubleshooter tells me this is maybe because of order - but it runs out of help). The ID feature of XP puts a number on each screen (1 on internal, 2 on external). I have used a (different) SVGA monitor satisfactorily prior to installing SP2. Obviously this hardware port is OK but XP or something is screwing it up.

HELP! I have a presentation soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…