external LITEONE DVD burner problems

duah 10:29 25 Apr 05

I have external LITEONE DVD burner problems.DVD-CD burner external LITEONE
model LDW-851SX

burns CDs ok, was working fine,burning DVDs before ,but after ENABLED nero image drive v.2.27,so I could burn some cd discs,bin and cue images,which were successful,but now cannot burn DVDs, get errors like SCSI failed,or cannot end session,have a pdf of failures if that helps diagnose?

thinking it was driver conflicts, I removed nero and other burning software,and reinstalled Nero ,and tried ahsampoo studio,both have same errors,external LITEONE DVD drive still has errors, seems intermittent ,as did burn one DVD,but others get errors
-SCSI command abort
-could not perform end session
under device manager there are 2 ! yellow marks
-AXSAKI SCSI CONTROLLER
-PLUG N PLAY BIOS EXTENSION

any ideas?

Chegs ® 12:42 25 Apr 05

I have just replaced a "faulty" Pioneer DVD burner,to find that the new burner was failing to burn with similar errors.I had a linux OS installed,and the new/old burner worked fine with linux's burning software,with this result I decided its Nero burning software thats the problem.Another post recently had issues with Nero,rectified by updating Nero to newer version.Although Nero is a very popular choice of burner software,its not all that stable(especially with some makes of drives)

duah 13:32 25 Apr 05

2 questions
-why did it work fine with Nero for months?
-i tried Ashampoo.Burning.Studiov 5
BUT SAME PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

how did you resolve it,what pgms are you using?

Chegs ® 14:04 25 Apr 05

My Pioneer had worked fine for over 12mths prior to my probs(I had also updated its Firmware trying to resolve its misbehaviour)I only use Nero to burn CDR's,DVD's I use TMPGenc,or CloneDVD(unless I'm able to boot to Suse Linux,where I use the "built-in" DVD/CD Burning software)There are loads of versions of Nero,(Nero 5/Nero 6,etc)all with multiple "updates" (60019,63125,6608a,etc)Then there are other versions of InCD(4056,4300,etc)The only suggestion I have is for you to try as many "versions" of each(Nero/InCD)as you can find,until you either get fedup of Nero(like me)or locate one that actually DOES what you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…