External links tracker?

FOEYDO 08:39 29 Aug 05

Hi, I'm looking for a tool that tracks all other sites that link to my website. Preferably free!! Thanks best wishes Foeydo

PurplePenny 12:05 29 Aug 05

Google will find pages that have links to your site. REad how to do it here:

click here

PurplePenny 12:11 29 Aug 05

I just tried it. It's pretty poor. It didn't find any of the sites that I know contain links to us (and have done for years) :-(

mco 12:19 29 Aug 05

Do you mean you want to know which sites put up links to your website whether or not anyone clicks on them to get to you? Or are you interested to know who comes to your site via a link? I use the free click here and get to know when anyone, site or individual posts a link to my site but that only works when folks actually click the link, so I'm not sure that's as advanced as you want.

powerless 13:13 29 Aug 05

I use my hosts Control Panel.

FOEYDO 16:22 29 Aug 05

Google doesnt link to any sites, when I know I have sites. How do you use your hosts control panel?
Foeydo

PurplePenny 22:57 29 Aug 05

Your host should provide statistics for your site and amongst those may be a list of where visitors have linked *from* to get to your site.

powerless 23:01 29 Aug 05

Who's your host?

1&1 is mine, Applications, Webstatics,...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…