External Iomega Burner does not work

281apple 06:59 02 Jan 05

I picked up an Iomega External Burner with CD, instructions and cables which dates to 2001. It was working OK on Win98 2nd Edition but I use XP Family on my computer. On the Installation CD, there is an Easy CD Creator 4 but XP does not recognise it and sends me to the Iomega Site to upgrade but Iomega no longer upgrades N° 4 and invites me to download the latest thing they have invented for (only, as they say) $69.90. I have Nero 6 installed on my computer. Does anyone know a way to get the Easy CD Creator 4 to work, or for Nero 6 to work or maybe there is another solution. Thanks for any help.

MichelleC 10:34 02 Jan 05

There is an update for xp on Nero site.

281apple 17:53 02 Jan 05

Thanks but I already have the update for Nero 6 but that is not the problem because Nero does not work with the Iomega Burner cause I can't even install the program on the computer.

The problem is to get an update for Easy CD Creator 4 without having to pay $69.90.

MichelleC 08:56 03 Jan 05

If you can't install Nero it's either because it's a bundled version or there's a file remaining from previous uninstall. If it's the latter there's a Nero removal tool on site to 'clean'.

281apple 09:03 04 Jan 05

Thanks. I finally found the solution. appreciate your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…