External HDD WIPEOUT HELP!

Uboat 18:49 26 Dec 10

Oh no yesterday we had some photos/family vidoes on my 1TB external HDD, we wanted to play them via my sons Xbox360, so we read up that you have to format the HDD then put it in FAT32 format, we did that but we forgot the external was still on & plugged in!

We thought it was just the Xbox HDD that was been formatted & just 2 mins ago i have found out that my HDD had in fact been erased, So i have lost what would be close to 20.000 photos from the last 30+ years & hundreds of family films..

Can anybody suggest anything please..omg..

Thankx UB

VoG II 19:28 26 Dec 10
  northumbria61 19:29 26 Dec 10

I would read this first click here

octal 19:30 26 Dec 10

I have had to do this in the past for people, I'm a bit out of touch but there are on this site I have used in the past click here

octal 19:32 26 Dec 10

This is one of the open source free ones click here

Uboat 20:09 26 Dec 10

Hi guys THANK YOU all so much for your time & replies! ive argued with the wife over this so ive cracked a bottle of Red open & sat watching my "only fools and horses" Box Set to put a smile on our faces! lol

I'l read your replies tomorrow if that ok guys...i need a laugh..

Regards

UB

VoG II 20:29 26 Dec 10

Very sensible. These things are best done whilst calm, sensible and sober.

Uboat 16:06 27 Dec 10

Cheers guys for ALL your replies! im on the case in a hour!
Regds

UB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…