External HDD driver

DaveCoops 20:50 16 May 06

I have an external USB hard drive that I wish to use but can't find a driver that will work with Windows 98. Unfortunately, apart from using a Maxtor drive (type 5TO20H2), it is completely unbranded, being in a common type case. The only number on the interface PCB is "2PCB04V-013001E IDE---XXX3001TE. Can anyone suggest a driver that might work?

Pamy 21:16 16 May 06

Unfortunately, apart from using a Maxtor drive (type 5TO20H2), it is completely unbranded,

Not sure what you meen by this statement,can you explain in more detail

Pamy

DaveCoops 08:11 17 May 06

Sorry if I wasn't too clear. The case is marked "Mobile Disk" and that is it. I had assumed that this was a generic hard drive case using a Maxtor drive with USB interface electronics of unknown origin. Not had too much to do with these devices so may be a bit naive.

Pamy 11:41 17 May 06

Hi Dave, If you are saying that the hard drive you want to use/is inside case, is a Maxtor, then your best bet is to contact Maxtor for a driver for that model HDD. Sorry I cannot be of any more help

Pamy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…