External HDD Case

Ade_1 18:18 21 Jan 06

Just wondered where abouts i shuold buy a case from to keep a HDD in as an external one. How much should i be paying for one. And im looking at a 3.5" HDD.

Ade_1 18:21 21 Jan 06

one more thing, how i actually go about fitting it? or is it all pretty simple?

PaulB2005 18:23 21 Jan 06

click here

Easy to install.

Ade_1 18:24 21 Jan 06

does your HDD have to be compatible or aslong as its the same type eg SATA it doesnt matter?

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:25 21 Jan 06

click here and yes, it is very easy to fit, just a couple of screws, stick the cable in the rear of the HD and attach the USB lead to your computer.. 5-7 minutes total.

Ade_1 18:29 21 Jan 06

so say if i bought a SATA HD and put it in a case the only thing that would have to be compatible would be the SATA being able to go in the case and the 3.5" etc?

Zak 18:31 21 Jan 06

click here

I purchase one from Starmount last August. 5.25"/3.5" @ £22.32 inc VAT. They did not have one in stock and sent me the higher spec with additional firewire for the same price. Normally £29.96. Carriage is £7.10 + VAT

I chose to also be able to use it for 5.25" if I wanted to have an external CD or DVD drive.

It comes with good instructions and fitting the drive is a sinch.

Zak 18:43 21 Jan 06

If you wish to have a SATA drive then my suggestion is out as also the majority of such cases on offer. For SATA case you will need to spend more £43.42 - PaulB2005 link. The SATA ones are lower down the page.

To be quite honest I would not go for the SATA unless you already have one spare. Perhaps you have an old HDD lying around - you could use that. Otyherwice by and IDE ATA 133 HD to go with your new case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…