External HDD

fit will a dee noo 17:09 01 Jun 08

I have a western digital external HDD that wont appear in MY COMPUTER (Windows XP Pro)
As soon as i connect via USB windows recognises and and says new hardware ready to use , as well as disk drive found etc etc etc but open My COMPUTER and no signs of it so cant access it

Tried updtae driver and all that mil;arky but no success any one out there experienced this type of fault before with any USB device , then cheers , or is it mmy Hard Drive after all

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:25 01 Jun 08

Go to start-control panel-admin tools-computer management-storage-disk management and you should be able to see the drives. Right click on a drive that is 'hidden' and select change drive letter/paths...select any other letter preferably from the end of the alphabet..press ok and the disk should appear in my computer..try another letter if it is still hidden.

fit will a dee noo 17:39 01 Jun 08

Gandalf
Thanks for the quick response
Well i get to the disk management page but can only see my C:\ drive and another that doesnt have a path letter and is only 55 MB in size it`s status says Healthy (EISA Configuration) File system FAT

Its been a wee while since i`ve used rthis external drive but i`m sure its 80 Gb

Cheers

fit will a dee noo 18:46 01 Jun 08

Marg7

I can`t see the drive to assign it a letter the above one i mention hasn`t any options either

The windows XP hardware wizard does see it and has its digital signature but i`m thinking the drive isn`t running up ? thanks anyway for the reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…