External HDD

podlod 11:11 08 May 08

Hi, I want to buy another EXT HD with about 160 gig and reliable, but every time I look at the reviews they either say this one is unreliable, this has a firewire and it gives me probs, this one gets to hot and without fan, and so on. All I want is a run of the mill EXT Hard drive for about approx 60pound, USB, NTFS not FAT, 160GB, can somebody point me in the right direction please.

Technotiger 11:22 08 May 08

Generally speaking when people have problems with the external hard-drives it is IMHO more to do with their PC's rather than the drives. I would not take any particular notice of all the so-called problems, just buy from a reputable source and you should be ok. I have two external hard-drives, bought from PCWorld, neither have ever given me any problems in any way whatsoever. One is Maxtor 160Gb the other is Seagate 320Gb.

Technotiger 11:23 08 May 08

PS, if not already formatted NTFS, it only takes moments to format as NTFS yourself.

Technotiger 11:24 08 May 08

Another PS - both are USB .....

stlucia 11:38 08 May 08

I've been using a Maxtor OneTouch 250Gb firewire drive for several years now without any problems. It gets quite hot if left powered-up continuously, but I only switch it on when I'm doing a backup, and I don't stack anything else on top of it.

You can get USB2 versions at places like click here

podlod 10:52 13 May 08

Hi, I finally managed to buy an EXT HDD, what I bought was a IOMEGA High-Speed USB 2.0> 500 Gig at 99.99Euros as there was a promotion on for a week, do you think its a good buy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…