External HD Problem

Luca M 16:50 12 Mar 08

I brought today an external HD caddy for my hard drive that was removed from my PC so that I could take some files off it (I now have a laptop).

I plugged it all in and the PC recognised the HD and caddy just fine. I went into My Computer and clicked to open the drive when it said 'Please insert disc into removable drive.'

I am now stuck for ideas, after trying it on 3 other computers. I know that the HD works as it was literally just removed from a fully functioning PC.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the files off the HD? I am running Vista, however I have tried this on XP and 2000 machines.

Thanks.

Technotiger 17:29 12 Mar 08

Make sure the hard drive is set in the Master position. If trying to use it simply by plugging into a USB port on your Laptop it might not be getting enough power to run properly, power it with an external power source, then try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…