External HD can it be used as an Internal?

Autoschediastic 07 Nov 11

Hi guys i am after a internal Hard Drive for my Desktop and i cant seem to find a 1.5TB or a 1TB for less than £75? a few weeks ago i saw a 1.5TB for £55 which was a new unused drive but i didnt need one then such a shame, Anyway ive seen a 1.5TB for just £63 & i wondered IF i bought it would i be able strip it and use the drive inside my desktop?

Thanks

Item Here

robin_x 07 Nov 11

The floods in Thailand have put prices through the roof.

If you see a bargain grab it.

Externals are easy enough to open up (plenty of youtube vids).

Just buy an extra SATA data and an extra SATA power cable (eg see amazon internal hdds and look at what customers 'also bought')

Note: even though HDDs have 2 or 3 yr warranty, you will invalidate by removing)

If you don't have SATA ports in Desktop you may need a SATA-IDE adapter (may come with cables)

Zak 07 Nov 11

Yeah no problem as long as it is the correct type for your system.

Thanks guys! any idea where there is any Hd deals?

robin_x 07 Nov 11
  robin_x 07 Nov 11

lol, that was your link. I am going in circles.

Rob lool cheers anyway! :-)

Here is a bargain IF your not bothered about its make!

Here

robin_x 07 Nov 11

Del 1-2 months AND Gift Wrap Available. Perfect.

Autoschediastic 08 Nov 11

Cheers Rob! TBH ive given up on trying to get a 1TB for less than £80? i'l wait a month or two until they drop in price when the factories start back up..god damn them companies charging Excessive prices for them! i say one an hour ago for £250..??

Toneman 08 Nov 11

Pardon me for asking, but if your PC is a desktop what is the point of wanting to put it in the tower rather than just connecting as an external?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message