External hardrive :(!

pollasal 21:03 21 May 07

Hey guys i just recently bought a 400gb external hardrive from maplin and i have read the instructions on both sides one side says i need an apple disk drive utility the other side doesnt say anything about it(i know maplins finest)but i checked my computer and found that ive found that the computer picks up the 400 gb :) but the problem is i dont know how to bring up a menu to transfer files i wanna transfer all my music from my pc to it and i havent a clue where to start so any advice would be greatly appreciated :).

tullie 21:05 21 May 07

Rigt click on file then select the drive

tullie 21:06 21 May 07

Right click on file then select the drive

AL47 21:06 21 May 07

is it an apple you have?

Totally-braindead 21:06 21 May 07

Do you know how to drag and drop files you can do it that way, or you can cut and paste the files.
To be honest theres quite a few different ways to do it, theres no right or wrong way in my opinion, its just whatever you find easiest.

pollasal 21:16 21 May 07

To be honest Totally_Braindead i dont have a clue and i feel i should have ya name as a username as my own lol but i tried right click and all that came up was local disc emm anyone know how i can physically get a menu up saying what i have cause if i transfer the files how will i access them again sorry people i know im annoying :( but your help is very much appreciated

AL47 21:25 21 May 07

if you open up your music folder on your computer and also the ext hard drive in a separate window then make a folder clled music in the hard drive window and drag it all over, then you can find it again

Totally-braindead 21:37 21 May 07

Right, you can go to your music files, lets say you have your music in MY DOCUMENTS in the folder MY MUSIC. Connect the external hard drive and switch it on, it will load and be recognised and be assigned the next free drive letter. Once this is done you right click on the MY MUSIC file and left click on the SEND TO button and it will open listing various places to send the music files and one of the options will be your external hard drive, if you have only one hard drive it will be the C drive, the CDROM will be the D drive and the external drive will be the E drive, so in that case you SEND TO E drive and it will copy all the files across. If you have 2 CDROMs in your PC they will be the D and E drive and the external drive will be called the F drive.
See what I mean, I hope.

This is just one way of doing it. There are others.

pollasal 21:52 21 May 07

yeah totally braindead i have it it was under g thanks but now my problem is to access the external hardrive itself any ideas?

Technotiger 21:55 21 May 07

Hi, to access the external drive - click on My Computer then double-click on (G:)

Totally-braindead 21:55 21 May 07

How do you mean access it?

If you go to My Computer its listed there isn't it, as G.

Could you explain what you mean as I'm a bit puzzled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now