EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE

LANDCRUISER 15:09 10 Nov 05

Hi there,i have a problem deleting file on the external h/d,when i go into G drive to delete files it shows that it deleting but it does not recover the space on the drive what can i do,ta

wee eddie 16:29 10 Nov 05

That it is not e "Read only" file.

If it is, change it and try again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:19 10 Nov 05

delete files it shows that it deleting but it does not recover the space on the drive what can i do,ta

You must empty the recycle bin before the space is recovered

LANDCRUISER 16:08 11 Nov 05

How do you check that its read only wee eddie & your comment Fruit Bat/\0/\ there is nothing in the recycle bin to empty thanks for both replys

wee eddie 18:02 11 Nov 05

Right click the file or folder > Properties > General > down at the bottom.

LANDCRUISER 11:44 13 Nov 05

I failed to mention i using norton system works & all the deleted file go into norton protection, i have cleared this out but the problem still does not clear the external h/d any ideas ?

woodchip 16:11 13 Nov 05

Just a suggestion, If you are running XP, go to restore with the Drive switched on and disable restore for the drive as this slows down your computer and shut down, plus it may be one of the things that is your problem. You only need Restore for you Operating System drive Partition switched on and this can be set to 5% to 8% of drive

LANDCRUISER 11:35 14 Nov 05

Hi woodchip,thanks for your reply,i have xp home + s/p 2,i allready have both shut down as i am using norton go back,do you have any other things i can try.

woodchip 15:33 14 Nov 05

To Delete try starting in Safe Mode keep pressing F5 as comp boots. Then try deleting

LANDCRUISER 15:52 14 Nov 05

hi woodchip,it will delete but it does not get the space back,its almost filled 60gb hard disc because it has not regain the space,so the program still there.

wee eddie 16:19 14 Nov 05

You should be able to overwrite it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…