External hard drives and Itunes.

Ceri.E 13:05 04 Sep 06

Dear all.

I have the following issue to try to resolve.

When my son's computer expired I moved ours up to his room (4 floors above the new one) and bought a new one for the family.

His is a Novatech S754 AMD 3200+ with a GIG of RAM and a 200GB hard disc.

The new one is a Cube-247 X2 4400+ with 4 GIG of RAM and 2 x 250GB of hard discs.

The problem is that my wife's IPOD is paired with the old machine and now my daughter's is paired with the new machine. I managed to get WIFI system working to connect the broadband of the new machine to the old one but it's gone wrong.

My question is - can I solve the problem by buying an external USB 2 hard disc and copying or moving my wife's Itunes library onto that disc and taking it down to the new machine and working on the library from there?

My broadband supplier is NTL by cable and the d-link router can't find the signal from the new machine.

Any thoughts from you experts out there?

Many thanks,

Ceri

ArrGee 14:25 04 Sep 06

There should be absolutely no problem with moving the MP3 files onto an external drive and pulling them into any iTunes library.

Delete the old network that you set-up, and create a new one. Make sure that you have file-sharing enabled on the folder containing the MP3 files. From there on, it should be a simple matter of dragging the files from one PC to another.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5