External hard drives

Southernboy 15:35 02 Jan 04

The saga continues...

I had almost decided upon a Maxtor 80Gb USB2 model, but the various problems with Dabs and other on-line resllers lead me to decide that Amazon.co.uk were about the only reseller I could feel safe purchasing from.

Unfortunately, they do not list the Maxtor, but they do list a similar model made by Teac. Does anyone have any views on the Teac range?

Mango Grummit 18:17 02 Jan 04

You can feel safe with Planet Micro. I've used them a lot and they only charge £4 delivery and I've always had any item next day although the £4 delivery does not promise this. I've bought several base units from them and also two (one for someone else) Maxtor external drives. Just had a look on their site and trouble at the moment is lack of stock it seems.

So anyway, for what this is worth, if you can wait a little while at this time -- Planet Micro is a sound outfit -- you can even contact them by phone if you like. I visited them once and they are a great bunch of customer-orientated very pleasant people.

Mango Grummit 18:17 02 Jan 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…