External hard drive - wireless connection

daz246 11:51 03 Apr 07

I have a Western Digital external hard drive attached to my PC via USB. I have a laptop which I wireless connect to my internet and files on my PC. Since moving my files over to the hard drive I cant connect to the folders. I've made the hard drive shared as I had for my PC, but I still can not connect to these folders. Am I doing something wrong? or is this just not possible to do?

Darren

recap 11:54 03 Apr 07

You may need to check the permissions are set to allow you access to the files. Check both the Share and Security setting for this.

daz246 12:12 03 Apr 07

yeah i have them all set to share but still get the error saying can not connect, is it due to it being an external hard drive?

recap 13:45 03 Apr 07

Another thing to look for is the Creator Owner under the Security settings, Set this to Full Control. Once this is set in the permissions window you should see 'Special Permissions' is ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…