External hard drive stoped working

golfpro 07:20 02 Nov 08

I have a 120 Gb external hard drive which I bought about three years ago. I bought it as two separate components (case and Seagate disc), it is powered by USB. Suddenly its stopped working (no power), I only have a few photos on there but I also have my Acronis backup on there as well. I could get it checked out and repaired ( don't know if the drive is corrupted I don't think so), but as these are now quite cheap to buy, would I be better off with a new one?

Technotiger 08:02 02 Nov 08

Before spending out for a new drive - have you checked the fuse in the mains plug, or tried another Caddy? The drive itself might be OK.

golfpro 08:34 02 Nov 08

Found it. Like a bloody fool when I was cleaning around my desk top a few weeks ago, I must have pulled the DC connector out of the back and it had fallen down the back of the desk amongst all the other cables and crap. Recovered it plugged it in and it works. What an idiot :-(

Technotiger 10:15 02 Nov 08

OK - thanks for your feedback - at least that was a cheaper 'option' ..... :-)

Technotiger 10:17 02 Nov 08

PS - don't forget the Green-tick!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…